Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Mystery is Over

The first time I went on the Erbitux, I had a wicked face rash (just ask anyone who was at my 20 year high school reunion). I was red and my face felt crispy. The second time I went on it, my scalp was affected. It was yucky. Basically, my head was in a continual state of scabbiness. When the scabs came off, so did patches of hair. It wasn't much fun. I should note that it was NEVER painful--it was just irritating.

I've been wondering how this round of Erbitux will manifest it's side effects. I started back on it on Wednesday. I woke up today with a big nose-pimple (not a pimple with a big nose, but a big pimple on my regular nose). I also have little tiny pimples all over my bald head. So, it looks like this time it will be a head and face rash. Woohoo! There is a good side to this--they say that the rash is a sign that the medicine (Erbitux) is working. I'm not quite sure how this will play out with being bald and needing to shave my head. I anticipate that there will be a bit of an awkward phase (whether bald or with hair). Hmm--I like being bald, but maybe it's time for some funny hats or a rainbow wig. I wonder if I can find one of those Gallager hats that have the hair built in...

4 comments:

Fred Rosenbloom said...

I will love and support you no matter what color hair, hat, or wig you have on.

Love, Dad

ladybug said...

Tim, After seeing you in person yesterday at your Uncle Frank's 70th birthday, I must say your are a very handsome guy hair no hair. We have faith that your being back on the Erbitux is a good move. As far as rainbow wig, crazy hats or not.... it is "your amazing personality" and the love and support of your wife and beautiful daughter that are your best defense against this cancer. The love and support of your loving Dad, as well of the rest of your family will also be there for you czazy hats or not. Love and prayers can concquer anything and you have an abundance of both. God Bless you always. LOve Aunt Sue and Uncle Frank

John and JoAnne Van't Land said...

Hi Tim,

Thanks for having such a wonderful outlook and personality with something that could be very discouraging. Sooner or later we find out that people like and love us for who we are and not what we look like, inspite of the fact that we spend a lot of time trying to look good.

God looks at our heart and that's even more important that what people think of us. I cannot help but think that your heart is growing and that you are precious to Him who created us all.

In Him,

John and Jo

Tim said...

Thanks Everyone!